Monday, October 1, 2012

1 Peter 5:7 - (Day One)

I heard it once said that a child's perspective on life is formed by the time they are three years old. When I was three, my perspective on life was that Jesus loved me and trusting Him was necessary for life. 

Then life happened and that little porcelain doll of a girl began to crack.

And when she did, her wise mother made sure she had the foundation to keep her from breaking down completely. 

She taught me Scripture.  The very first verse I ever memorized became the catalyst for the long and stunning journey that is called my life.

"Cast your cares on the Lord for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)

As a girl, knowing there is a God who cared about the affairs of your life is a huge comfort. At pivotal and not so pivotal moments, this verse became a life raft I clung to. One day in elementary school it was on replay for hours in my head as I struggled to make new friends after a move. Another day I wrote it all over my tear stained journal after my dad made me break up with my highschool boyfriend. Or when I found out my chances for carrying a child were slim to none. 

It's an anchor. It's changed, molded and relieved my life, not because the words on the page are inspiringly powerful. But because the God who wrote them is actually powerful. 
^^^Opinions, two-cents, questions and ramblings are welcome. And go above. Go ahead. Try it.

Reader Faves.